We start off the show following up on the 2016 MacBook Pros and Consumer Reports poor rating due to battery issues. Tim gives his initial hands on impressions. We discuss theft-proofing the AirPod cases. We cover Core Data code generation in Xcode 8.2. Where iPhones are manufactured and assembled is discussed in the light of pressure by India on Apple. Picks: OSStatus.com, Swift Style – An Opinionated Guide to an Opinionated Language, How To Prevent Memory Leaks In Swift Closures and Neural Networks for Machine Learning.
We discuss the effect of Apple’s poorest performance report in many years, yet the iPhone 6 size skews the numbers. Also to Apple Watch outsold many similar products. We discuss the Apple Watch after a year of use. We discuss Stripes new Bring Your Own Team idea. Aaron discusses an Ad free Apple experience. Picks: Draftly, Readable Content Guides, Glot.io, Concepts, RWDevCon 2016 Vault (incl Advanced LLDB Debugging)
Episode 89 Show Notes:
- THE IPHONE 6 BLIP
- WHAT IS THE APPLE WATCH GOOD FOR?
- Rich Turton
- Guess which ‘flop’ sold twice as well as the iPhone in its first year
- Apple Watch ‘flop’ outsold Rolex by about $1.5 billion
- WatchOS 2 is super serious now, folks
- How to check the weather on your Apple Watch
- After abandoning iAd revenue, Apple Inc can reintroduce an ad-free internet
- Quit my full time corporate job. Built an iOS game. It became #1 in the App Store.
- The Working Group
- The Story of English episode 6 – Pioneers O Pioneers – Part 2 / 7 (Welland Canal)
Episode 89 Picks: